With the summer season now upon us our neighbourhood policing team and BID have been engaging with businesses and encouraging business owners and staff who haven’t yet signed up to join the DISC crime reporting system.
Ensuring the safety and well-being of everyone in the town centre has always been high on the Business Improvement Districts agenda but, in recent months BID have launched the DISC App working in partnership with Devon and Cornwall police, the neighbourhood policing team and St Ives Town Council who funded the initial set-up with BID funding the monthly subscription cost and providing the administration and police liaison.
St Ives’s reputation and future success hinges upon its ability to attract and retain businesses, employees, residents and visitors who are assured of being safe and secure in the town. Sarah Hooper BID Manager for St. Ives said: “Working with our partners including the Police Service and St. Ives Town Council as well as other key agencies, we are committed to delivering projects and initiatives that aim to meet these challenges head on, reducing crime and anti-social behaviour while improving the feeling of safety for all those that live, work and visit our town centre”.
What is DISC:
Using the Disc smartphone App or their Disc Desktop, users can:
- Access galleries of known offenders
- Submit incident reports about them, and about new offenders
- Send and receive instant messages and emailed alerts to other users about anything urgent/important
- Read alerts, important news and information about up-coming events
- Public Ream Reporting inc traffic
- Access reference or guidance documents
- Receive an automated eNewsletter every week, summarising everything added to their Disc system in the previous seven days.