ST IVES BID MANAGER – JOB DESCRIPTION
To manage the St Ives BID programme, ensuring that the projects set out in the BID Business Plan are delivered efficiently and effectively.
To maintain positive relationships with BID Members, the local community and all partner agencies.
To maintain and improve the business environment of St Ives town, whilst retaining it’s unique quality and viability, and in a sustainable and culturally sensitive manner by acting as coordinator and catalyst, encouraging cooperation between businesses and key stakeholders.
CONTRACT: Permanent Role (Currently Fixed Term funding to 31/5/24 pending renewal). This post is subject to a 3 month probationary period and a 3 month notice period.
EMPLOYER: St Ives BID Limited (not for profit company limited by guarantee)
REPORTS TO: St Ives BID Board of Directors
RELATIONSHIPS: BID Company, businesses, customers, statutory and voluntary bodies
HOURS OF WORK: 35 Hour per week usually Monday – Friday, including some evenings and occasional weekend working in order to reflect the needs of the job
SALARY: 25k – 30k depending upon prior relevant experience
OFFICE BASE: St Ives BID Office, Guildhall St Ives
ANNUAL LEAVE: Pro-rata 28 Days inclusive of Bank Holidays
- To manage the St Ives BID business plan ensuring an inclusive and integrated approach and to act as the main point of contact for the BID Board and its members.
- To ensure successful implementation of the projects set out in the BID Business Plan – from planning through to delivery.
- To build and maintain strong working relationships with the local business community and all relevant partners.
- To be aware of and successfully manage day to day issues raised by the St Ives BID business community.
- To continually engage and build rapport with all stakeholders in and around the BID area, championing sensitive, sustainable business improvement across the town.
- To manage an annual budget of circa £128k alongside the BID Board of Directors and in accordance with the Accountable Body’s financial management procedures.
- To secure additional private and public sector resources where possible in order to achieve the agreed BID Business Plan and to promote the achievements and successes of the BID.
- To lead on the development of proposals, promotion and delivery of a timely renewal ballot prior to May 2024.
Key skills, knowledge, experience and abilities required:
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills
- Successful Project Management and delivery.
- Strategic management, planning and leadership skills in a multi agency context
- Financial and organisational management skills
- Business liaison and commercial awareness
- Administration and finance
- Presentation skills
- Written, oral and IT skills
- Marketing and communications
- Personable – with the ability and confidence to develop positive relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Flexible and innovative approach to problem-solving
- Able to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Able to manage conflict
- Able to understand and respond appropriately to political and other sensibilities
- Understanding of local government and political sensitivities and town centre management
- Real understanding of and commitment to active engagement and encouraging participation from businesses
Please submit a CV and a detailed covering letter which explains your suitability for this role along with highlighting your particular skills, experience and knowledge against the above Job Description.
Any incomplete or missing application submissions will not be reviewed.
References: Applicants must provide contact details of two appropriate referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer
Start date for this post: as soon as is practical. Closing date: 19th August 2021